Organised by the Nottingham Trent University, Museum Development East Midlands, East Midlands Museums Service and Lupson Consultancy, the Awards are a great opportunity to celebrate the wonderful work and outstanding achievements in your museums, historic houses and heritage sites across the region.
We are also pleased to announce that the Awards will again be sponsored by Barker Langham, the leading global cultural consultancy.
By entering for one or more of the six categories in this year’s Awards, you will be able to:
- Showcase your progress and successes, raising your public profile and recognition.
- Recognise the hard work of your staff and volunteers.
- Share best practice across the heritage and museums sector.
The closing date is Friday 30 June and the culmination of the Awards will be a presentation ceremony which will take place at Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus on Tuesday 17th October 2017.
Each category winner will each receive a plaque, as well as significant local and regional promotion. All shortlisted entries will receive a certificate.
The ceremony itself will be a great opportunity for all those involved in museums and heritage across the East Midlands to catch up with friends and colleagues, share success, enjoy a magical day, celebrating all the fabulous work taking place.
There are six categories you can enter for an award:-
- Recognising best practice within a heritage organisation that is run by volunteers
- Celebrating a project or event in a heritage organisation where paid staff engage and empower volunteers
Engaging Children and Young People
- Recognising the successful inclusion of children and young people within your organisation
Heart of the Community
- Recognising heritage projects that have had a positive impact on people and/or communities
- recognising successful implementation of innovative practice for your organisation
The Wendy Golland Award for Quality Research
- This award honours Wendy Golland who chaired EMMS from 2002 to 2013. It recognises groups and individuals who have undertaken and used quality research for the benefit of the public and their organisation
You can enter as many categories as you like but each entry has to be for a different project or activity. you cannot submit multiple category entries using the same project or activity.
Entry forms and further information are available from Marc Lupson at firstname.lastname@example.org Please state [a] which categories you are considering entering and [b] whether you would like Marc to send you links to the online forms or Word documents.